QIP Consulting is governed by a Board Chair to ensure we adhere to best practice across our organisation and service provision, and continually improve for the benefit of our clients and the health and human service sectors. Our Board Chair is responsible for ensuring QIP Consulting commitment to quality and delivery of simple and effective certification programs is consistent with international best practice.
Board Chair, QIP Consulting
Gary Smith JP, CPM FAAPM, FAICD, is the Board Chair of the Quality Innovation Performance Limited (QIP) and Quality Innovation Performance International (QIP International) Boards. Gary joined the Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited (AGPAL) Board in December 2006. Gary is an AGPAL Independent Director and has over 30 years’ experience in healthcare management.
Current appointments and memberships:
- Board Chair
- Director, Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited (AGPAL)
- Director, Quality Innovation Performance International (QIP International)
- Board Member, Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District
- Director, General Practice Workforce Tasmania
- Fellow and Life Member, Australian Association of Practice Management Ltd
- Member, Medicare Australia Stakeholders Consultation Group
- Member, Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) Review General Practice & Primary Care Clinical Committee
- Academic Director and Lecturer, University of New England Partnerships
- Surveyor, Australian General Practice Association Limited (AGPAL)
- Surveyor, International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua)